Get ready for a unique theatre experience where your kids are the stars!
It’s fun and excitement when Missoula Children’s Theatre (MCT) pulls into Monroe in their “little red truck” loaded with a set, lights, costumes, props, and make-up; everything it takes to put on a play…except the cast. The team holds an open audition and casts 50-60 school-age children to perform in a full-scale, hour-long original musical production. The show is rehearsed throughout the week and two public performances are presented at the end of the week. All MCT shows are original adaptations of classic children’s stories and fairy tales…a twist on the stories you know and love. Creativity, social skills, goal achievement, communication skills, and self-esteem are all characteristics that are attained through the participation in this unique, educational project.
Open auditions are for all students in grades K through 12.
Auditions are Monday, January 29, 2024.
Rehearsals are January 29−February 2, 2024.
Registration for auditions will open December 6, 2023
FREE for all students participating in the program.
Location: Monroe Arts Center, 1315 11th Street (use 14th Avenue entrance)
Registration: Monday, January 29, 2024 from 3:30 pm-4:00 pm
Auditions: Monday, January 29, 2024 from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm
- No advance preparation is necessary; this will be a group audition. Students should come, bring their smiles, and be ready to have a good time!
- There are roles for students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade. Roles are suited for all ages, skill levels, and experience levels.
- Approximately 50-60 students will be cast to appear in the show with the Missoula Children’s Theatre (MCT) Tour Actor/Director. There is no guarantee that everyone who auditions will be cast in the play.
- Students wishing to audition must arrive in time to register before the audition start time and be prepared stay the entire two-hour audition session. Anyone missing the initial audition may not be considered in the casting of the show.
- The first rehearsal begins approximately 15-30 minutes after the audition; it is two-hours long.
- Rehearsals will be conducted every day from 4:00 pm – 8:15 pm.
- Although not all cast members will be needed at every session, those auditioning must have a clear schedule for the entire week and if selected, be able to attend all rehearsals required for their role and be available for both scheduled performances.
- A detailed rehearsal schedule will be distributed at the conclusion of the audition.
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 @ 11:00 AM
- Saturday, February 3, 2023 @ 2:00 PM
ADULT TICKETS: $10 | STUDENT TICKETS $5 – Tickets go on sale August 1, 2024