For the 34th consecutive year, the Monroe Arts Center (MAC) will sponsor the Photography Contest and Exhibit. Photographs entered in this contest will be on display at MAC from September 1 , 2023 through November 4, 2023.
The contest is open to all non-professional photographers.
Photography contest judge to be announced soon.
Photographers who derive at least one-tenth of their income from the sale and/or teaching of photography are not eligible for this contest.
Beginning in 2023, photographers who exhibit in a show in one of MAC’s galleries, not including this Photography Contest, are not eligible to enter this contest.
- Adult Entry Fee: $20 PER PHOTOGRAPH is required – no limit on # of photographs entered
- Junior Entry Fee: $10 PER PHOTOGRAPH is required – no limit on # of photographs entered
- Must be the first time photographs have been entered in this contest and they must have been taken after September 1, 2022.
- Entry form AND photo(s) must be received by August 25, 2023.
- Photos will be accepted for delivery (10 am– 5pm) Tuesday – Friday, (10am– 2pm) Saturday.
- Mail or deliver your entry form and payment (check payable to): Monroe Arts Center, P.O. Box 472; Monroe, WI 53566.
- Monroe Arts Center receives 35% commission on any photograph sold while on exhibit.
NOTE: Exhibition space is limited. Monroe Arts Center reserves the right to limit number of entrants and/or photographs.
Adult $125 First Place $75 2nd Place $50 3rd Place Honorable Mention Ribbon
Junior $ 50 First Place $30 2nd Place $25 3rd Place Honorable Mention Ribbon
Opening Reception: Friday September 1, 2023
5:00 – 7:00 PM
Awards presentation at 6:00 PM
Gallery Exhibits have been supported by MAC Corporate Underwriter Colony Brands, Inc. and Season Media Underwriter Big Radio, with additional support from David & Julie Buchanan, Lee & Chris Knuteson, Paul & Sue Barrett, David & Janeen Balber, Kevin & Chris Callahan, Deb Thompson, Barb Woodriff & Pete Guenther, Horst & Mary Alice Hart, Jane Paradowski, Chuck & Chris Wellington